The Olivet Foundation is a ministry of Olivet Lutheran Church. Funds gifted to the Foundation are invested immediately with the income used to support future ministries. Distributions are made from the investment income in the form of grants, while the principal is held in perpetuity to support the ongoing mission of the church.
Funding areas include:
- Christian education (for all ages) and youth activities
- Scholarships for students attending ELCA colleges
- Global ministry partnerships
- Olivet’s community outreach and engagement
- Worship support
- Communications support
- Special congregational ministry projects
Recent projects supported:
- College scholarships
- Children’s ministry ‘at home’ educational materials
- Underwrite the Sunday School’s global mission pledge
The Olivet Foundation Board is elected by the congregation and is responsible for encouraging both lifetime and legacy/estate gifts to the Foundation, stewardship of the fund’s investments, as well as the review and approval of applications for project funding.
2021 Foundation Board
- Steve Thom, President
- Mikkel Pates, Secretary
- Dale Briest, Treasurer
- Leanne Gronneberg
- Terri Hedman
- Steve Strinden
- Tracy Lyson, Council Representative
- Steve Wood, Council President ex officio
- Pastor Kris Gorden, Advisor
How to Give
Your gifts to the Foundation continue to grow and increases the impact of the ministry of the church. Make a gift honoring or memorializing a loved one or consider a legacy gift to the Olivet Foundation in your estate plan. See Pastor Kris for more information.
How to Apply
Application forms for Foundation grants are located in the church office. Applications are reviewed quarterly and must be submitted January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1 for consideration.