We are currently in Phase 2 of our re-opening plan. This date is subject to change if there is a resurgence of active cases in the state. Phase 2 will continue worship services outdoors with the addition of Sunday morning worship in the sanctuary with strict physical distancing protocols in place.
Indoor worship will be held Sundays at 10 a.m. and we'll have in-person, outdoor worship on Wednesday evenings at 5:45 p.m. In addition to indoor worship, we will open the church to internal group meetings of up to 50 people maximum per group during this phase. The intention of limiting our groups is to ensure we have time and resources to properly sanitize between events / groups. Baptisms, weddings, and funerals of 150 or fewer may resume indoors at Olivet. Guests will continue to follow physical distancing protocols. Please see the physical distancing guidelines for indoor worship on the back of this Emblem.
Phase 2 will continue worship services outdoors and will allow us the option to worship in the sanctuary with strict physical distancing protocols in place.
- Staff will transition to working from the church in larger teams.
- We will open the church to internal group meetings of up to 50 people maximum per group during this phase. The intention of limiting our groups is to ensure we have time and resources to properly sanitize between events / groups.
- Baptisms, weddings, and funerals of 150 or fewer may resume indoors at Olivet. Guests will continue to follow physical distancing protocols.
How will Olivet follow physical distancing guidelines before, during, and after worship in Phase 2?
- Entrance to the building will be limited to the East entrance (door 1) & the new North entrance (door 7).
- There will be greeters outside doors 1 & 7, wearing masks & maintaining physical distance, welcoming people and answering any questions that guests might have.
- Screening protocols will be in place when you enter the church, including temperature checks and screening questions.
- Masks will be required for those attending indoor worship. Masks are not required but are highly encouraged for those attending outdoor worship.
- We will have hand sanitizer available in all common areas.
- Traffic flow into and out of the sanctuary will be regulated by the Ushers.
- You will be asked to enter the sanctuary from the South (the entrances from the Narthex) and will receive instruction on seating arrangements at that time.
- An usher will direct your household to your seat, following pre-set criteria regarding spacing of individuals/families (seating on ends of every other pew)
- Bulletins will be placed in the pews available for seating for your use during the worship service.
- Following the worship service please remain seated until the usher indicates it is time for your row to exit. This will allow us to control the flow out of the sanctuary, eliminating a bottleneck at the exit.
- We will not pass an offering plate, instead the offering plate will be near the door as you exit the Sanctuary for indoor worship and located on the stage for outdoor worship.
- We will not be singing when indoors.
- Worship bags for children will be removed from the Sanctuary until phase 3.
- The nursery will be closed until we reach phase 3. Fellowship Hall will be open with limited seating available to those who need to step out of the Sanctuary with small children who may get restless during the service.
- To avoid accidental contact, children should remain seated with their family during the children’s service.
- Greetings will be “no contact” including when we share the peace during worship and exit the Sanctuary at the conclusion of worship.
- The upper level, lower level, lounge, kitchen, and library will remain closed until phase 3.
- All common areas will be sanitized between services.
Thank you for following these guidelines and helping us to worship as safely as possible.