In response to the declining active and newly identified cases both statewide and within Cass county, we will begin re-gathering for worship on Sunday mornings on January 24, 2021 as we again shift to Phase 2 of our re-opening plan.
Phase 2 will allow us to worship in the sanctuary with strict physical distancing protocols in place.
How will Olivet follow physical distancing guidelines before, during, and after worship in Phase 2?
- Entrance to the building will be limited to the East entrance (door 1) & the new North entrance (door 7).
- There will be greeters outside doors 1 & 7, wearing masks & maintaining physical distance, welcoming people and answering any questions that guests might have.
- Masks are required while inside the church building.
- We will have hand sanitizer available in all common areas.
- Traffic flow into and out of the sanctuary will be regulated by the Ushers.
- We will not pass an offering plate, instead the offering plate will be near the door as you exit the Sanctuary for indoor worship and located on the stage for outdoor worship.
- Singing is not encouraged.
- Worship bags for children will be removed from the Sanctuary until phase 3.
- The nursery will be closed until we reach phase 3. Fellowship Hall will be open with limited seating available to those who need to step out of the Sanctuary with small children who may get restless during the service.
- Greetings will be “no contact” including when we share the peace during worship and exit the Sanctuary at the conclusion of worship.
- The upper level, lower level, lounge, kitchen, and library will remain closed until phase 3.
- All common areas will be sanitized between services.
Thank you for following these guidelines and helping us to worship as safely as possible.
- We will open the church to internal group meetings of up to 50 people maximum per group during this phase. The intention of limiting our groups is to ensure we have time and resources to properly sanitize between events / groups.
- Baptisms, weddings, and funerals of 150 or fewer may resume indoors at Olivet. Guests will continue to follow physical distancing protocols.